Monday, March 15, 2010

Being Coached

This is definitely my favorite part of this course. I think I said that before, but I feel the need to re-iterate. Last night, Chinrinee and I had our coaching call. She asked me about my week which led to some venting about frustration and worries concerning both my shoulder injury and my new business. Chinrinee asked me about release. She's very tricky as she souldn't really tell me what she meant but wanted my own perspective. I talked about letting go, physically and emotionally. Chinrinee then encouraged me to draw connections between releasing and suspending. This was great. I was able to realize how a frustrating situation at work was not as bad as I would have made it out to be in the past because I was able to suspend my judgment of the others involved as well as of myself. This led me to make healthy decisions to care for myself and my business.

Perhaps it's selfish, or perhaps it's just where I am right now (a lesson learned from my coachee, Amanda) but I have been thinking about this week's readings and ideas in a very personal way. What I mean is, I have been struggling with some stressors in my life right now, as mentioned above, and have been trying to see what good I can get personally out of practicing these dialogue process concepts. For me, at least right now, I'm not worrying too much about other people as I have to focus on getting myself healthy. Really, I guess it's not that selfish because focusing on my own thoughts and position within dialogue has allowed me to be more open to others and suspend judgment all around. I think this work has to start within.

No comments:

Post a Comment