Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 8 Calls

I felt like the coaching calls I had this week were huge in so many ways.
Amanda was able to have a conversation with her brother, something that she had been inspired to do since the beginning of the coaching sessions, but was not ready to try earlier in the semester. I am learning so much from her. As I have said in previous posts, Amanda is so honest in her reflections on dialogue and her own process and progress. She knows who and where she is. Making the leap outside her comfort zone to talk with her brother is so admirable. I feel very lucky to be part of this community in which we are trusting and sharing with each other.

My call with Chinrinee this week was cathartic as usual. We talked about some really big topics - time and space and being. Can you get any bigger than that? I had a lot of trouble finding words during this call. How do you describe a place that's not actually a place but a state of mind? And is it possible to recreate a space at a different time? I decided yes. Kind of.
The conversation between Isaacs and Scharmer really helped shaping my thoughts during this conversation although I didn't realize it until after our call. Also after our call, I was able to realize why I may be so motivated to do my final project on nonverbal communication - because, really, I am still not convinced that these experiences can be explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment